What is the Purpose of the pageant? Why does the Church sponsor one?
10 Reasons why there is a British Pageant:
- To invite others to come to a knowledge of Jesus Christ and his Gospel.
- To tell the story of the Restoration of The Church of Jesus Christ and invite the witness of the Holy Ghost.
- To strengthen the testimony of all members, in particular of the rising generation and new and returning members by serving alongside each other in its production and by attending the Pageant itself.
4. To invite as many older youth and young single adults as possible to be a part of the British Pageant and the myriad activities surrounding the event and its preparation.
- To invite members and those who are not of our faith to ‘experience’ the story of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its origins in Great Britain.
- To acknowledge the history of ‘Truth Seekers’ (John Wycliffe, Ann Askew, William Tyndale, Hugh Latimer, John Lathrop) and ‘Truth Seeking’ in the British Isles as a people of faith with great personal conviction.
- For the Church to share and acknowledge the significant contribution made by the many thousands of British converts who emigrated to America to strengthen the main body of the Church.
- For members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the British Pageant is a rich and momentous way of celebrating and engaging with their heritage and be inspired by the sharing true life stories –of courage, faith and commitment of those early converts who embraced the truth, made a commitment to follow it often at the cost of some great personal sacrifice.
- To create a presentation which is performed to the highest production values consistent with the Lord’s standards, an event we will all be proud to present in the name of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- In the performance of the Pageant we hope to lift hearts and inspire,